Friday, October 20, 2006

The Sales Drill with Peak Potentials Training

[+/-] show/hide this post

The price reductions and limitations on enrollments are enticements to get you into action.

In my own case they work for me. I'm thankful that I signed up for some of the follow-on courses that I attended.

Now that I know the drill the effect has lessened. In fact, my wife and I will look at each other and describe each of the steps in the process. I think this works once or twice. After that the effect lessens.

Here is how it typically goes:

There is usually 20 minutes or so of lecture on the course and the value that it offers.

You get offered several things. Each are priced separately.

The prices are totaled. The sum total is a big number. Nothing you feel you could afford.

Then there are a few rounds of price reductions. You start to feel that 'this is a bargin.' (Minds are fallible, aren't they?)

You might even be told that the price is below their costs.

People at this point get up out of their seats and start signing up.

Then you are told that there are a limited number of seats. Here's where some in the audience start to panic.

Harv actually said at one of these events to his staff, "Let them all sign up. We'll just reduce the number of slots in Orlando." (I was in LA at the time.)

I actually took my time once. I asked the volunteer at the back of the room if there were still seats open. She looked at me as if she didn't understand the question, took my form, verified my credit card number and registered me.

My wife called after a course once. She was offered the 'in seminar price' and never had a discussion about the number of available slots.

What disappoints me about this is that it appears to be disingenous. It makes me feel that Harv and the other leaders are being opportunistic and inauthentic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home