Thursday, September 28, 2006

Great Comments and Advice keep pouring in

[+/-] show/hide this post

I want to say I read this comment and thought it was great. I did learn a lot about myself from attending these seminars but more from myself not the speaker. Thanks for the advice on attending the MMI and getting the same offers after the seminar.

One comment I need to make is that Warrior Camp was more like a prision camp with our speaker. He got the staff to chase after someone who tryed to go to the bathroom during the sales part.

"Seems a lot of folks who are complaining on this site have missed the most basic lessons.

Talk about the mind frick taking you out! This web site is one long mind frick rant. Quite fascinating!

I didn't realize sleep deprivation was a sales tactic. When I saw people running to the back of the room at MMI to buy workshops, I just thought they must have tons of money they aren't particularly attached to.

I didn't buy a thing while I was there. I also didn't bring a credit card.

BIG TIP: don't bring a credit card and know that you can always get the sale prices on the phone.

I stayed for a lot of the selling in MMI because I was fascinated to see a master marketer in action. It was really something-- like watching a great athlete. I don't have that skill but it is interesting to watch someone do it well. When I got tired of the sales pitch, I just closed my eyes and meditated.

Eckhart Tolle says this interesting thing about "waiting". If you think you're waiting for something (traffic, a line up, an appointment) then you're not in the now-- the present moment, you're not here. When someone says to him "sorry I kept you waiting", he says "I wasn't waiting." He wasn't. He was being. If you can't handle sitting through this stuff, then you've got some major issues in your life. Show up. Reality is what you make it. Your response to a situation creates your reality or your experience-- not the situation. How you chose to react is the key. Did you learn that lesson, Inside Investigator? It is a powerful one.

I found half an hour of selling twice a day a bit much (though I did learn something each time) but I was at a free workshop that changed my life! Big whoop.

When I went to Warrior Camp, I was curious to see if there would be as much selling. There wasn't, I kept track. It was half an hour out of 70 hours! Not so bad. Guess what I did during that time? I went to pee!

More advice: Get a backbone. Pack a lunch. Don't think about peeing all the time and you won't have to go. Maybe, just maybe, all that focus on sleep, eating, peeing, maybe that's your ego trying to stop you from changing--taking you out of the experience. Umm, fear anyone? Wait a minute... didin't Harv say that in the first 15 minutes of MMI?

If you found MMI too difficult because of "sleep deprivation" and food breaks, then don't go to Warrior Camp. You won't be able to survive. Which is too bad. It was one of the most thrilling weeks of my life. "

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know where to put this but I was wondering if you had any experience with the coaching program they provide. I was on it for a few month but my income didn't go up so I had to stop taking it because I couln't meet the payment...maybe if I would have stayed with it longer I would have seen some change, I don't know...what are your thoughts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home